The neighbours were talking about dengue fever and whose fault was it. After the NEA findings, it sounds like both the construction sites for the BTO flats and the residents at certain zones were responsible for the dengue fever.
- For elderly folks, it could be a race against time for survival as their immunity levels may be low to fight dengue fever.
- Please note that your private integrated shield plans with the insurance firms will not cover these outpatient bills at the A&E department unless we are eventually warded for dengue fever.
So who can help you with these outpatient bills?
- If you are lucky, your employer could reimburse you for these outpatient bills up to a certain limit (if any).
- For elderly folks and retirees or if you are a self-employed like me, you either absorb the bills yourself or get an affordable personal accident (PA) plan with a comprehensive coverage to reimburse you for the potential medical expenses for infectious diseases like dengue fever and hand, foot,mouth disease on top of 24-hour worldwide protection against accidents. In the event that the doctor certified that we do indeed have dengue fever, then we have peace of mind that the personal accident plan would reimburse us for such medical expenses.
Besides reimbursing us for outpatient medical treatment for accidents, insect bites, food poisoning and infectious diseases, the personal accident (PA) plan also covers:
- protect us financially for permanent disablement such as loss of a finger. Realize that your whole life insurance plan only covers for severe disability for the total loss of both limbs. The PA plan provides cover for permanent disablement such as loss of speech or hearing or loss of sight of one eye due to accidents and injury. Remember, each insurance plan offers protection for different purposes and within limits.
- alternative medical treatments by licensed Chinese physicians and chiropractor only. e.g. If you prefer acupuncture and bone setters for sprains due to accidents, you can claim up to S$150 per visit for this treatment with MOH registered Chinese physicians.
- full terrorism cover
- double indemnity for accident death. e.g. as a passenger in a traffic accident
Please note physiotherapy treatment are not covered under the PA plan.
- purchase of mobility aid including a clutch, wheel chair and artificial limbs prescribed by a medical doctor.
- daily hospital allowance during hospitalisation due to accidents and infectious diseases
- Touch wood, funeral expenses and emergency medical evacuation & repatriation to SG.
- survivor benefit of up to free 6 months policy extension in the event that the sole breadwinner passes on.
Accidents can happen and they do happen. I’m sure you will agree with me that the world is a more volatile place to live in. Look at the incidents of MH17 and MH370.
No one can predict if and when an accident will happen.
IMO our insurance plans are a necessity like air and water.
As little as $8.50/mth, you can give yourself and your loved ones 24-hour worldwide protection from personal accident and 16 infectious diseases with comprehensive coverage for medical expenses and more.
From now till end 30 Sep 2014, you can take advantage of a 20% discount for this PA plan.
CONFIDENTIAL • GUIDANCE • THOROUGH
Nothing in this material constitutes personalised insurance advice or investment advice. Information provided here should not be considered as advice or as an offer or enticement to buy or sell or trade. The contents of this material, including any financial data, information, opinions and analysis, are strictly intended for educational use only.
No guarantees are made as to the accuracy of the information provided herein. You shouldn’t make any investment decision based solely on what you read here.
It’s your money and your responsibility. And please consult your financial consultant or call Claire Soh at 8168 7459 before investing in any investment or insurance.
Should you choose not to seek such advice, you should consider whether the investment or insurance product in question is suitable for you.